Mela is a simple, elegant and modern recipe manager that syncs with iCloud.
Quickly save a recipe while browsing: If Mela detects a recipe on the currently viewed page, it will be displayed in Mela’s native recipe viewer*, on the same screen. Want to add or view a recipe from outside of Mela? No problem, just use Mela’s sharing extension.
Subscribe to your favorite recipe blogs to view all the recipes in Mela’s native recipe viewer*.
Scan a recipe from a book: With the help of text recognition, you can just add it to your personal collection and view it in Mela’s native recipe viewer, as any other recipe.
Recipes can be organized in categories, marked as “Favorite” or as “Want to Cook”.
The cook mode makes it easy to follow all steps while cooking, displayed using a larger font to make sure everything stays readable even when you’re not right in front of your device.
Mela uses the Reminders.app to manage your grocery list. This has the advantage that you’re always able to access your grocery list on all your devices even if Mela is not installed on a specific device.
Of course, Mela supports printing in case there’s a recipe you want to have on paper or save as PDF.
If enabled (default), Mela will sync these items with iCloud:
- Browser bookmarks
- Subscription list (feeds)
- Feed recipe entries
- Browser history
- Groceries are always stored in Reminders.app
- This update adds a calendar which lets you do your meal planning right inside the app. The entries are stored in Calendar.app so you can access your meal plan from all your devices, even if Mela is not installed.
- Missing images in the recipe list view or when syncing
- Markdown display issues when printing or exporting as PDF
- Drag and drop issues
- Recipe viewer layout issues
- List animations
- Various other minor bugfixes and improvements
macOS 11.0 or later.
Support M1 Apple silicon.
"Mela" Mac Version History