Cisdem AppCrypt is designed to protect your apps by making sure you are the only master. It is quite easy to use: just set a password and add the apps to the lock list, and no one else will be able to access your protected apps without the correct password. You will never have to worry about prying eyes when you share your Mac with others. You can also prevent your children from accessing apps at improper times by setting specific time periods of encryption. What’s more, it keeps track of failed attempts and provides reporting on app name, date, time, operation, and snapshot taken by the front camera.
What’s new in AppCrypt 3
- Set time schedule for specified apps so that only authorized users can access blocked apps when they’re in public places or sharing Mac with kids, co-workers, etc.
- Intelligently terminate the programs that aren’t currently running in frontmost when your display goes sleep.
- Automatically set passwords to crucial system applications including Activity Monitor, System Preferences, Console, and Terminal.
- Add kind alerts to remind users to remember their passwords.
- Block Mac apps with one password, including Contacts, Quicken, iPhoto, iTunes, Safari, Mail, etc.
- Keep tracks of failed attempts with date, time, and optional photo.
- Set shortcuts to hide or reveal the app from menu bar.
- Work as a background process and does not modify any system or application files.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
Support M1 Apple silicon.